Y8S2.2 Patch Notes – Smoother Gameplay, Improved Features, and Bug Fixes!
The highly anticipated Y8S2.2 patch has arrived, bringing a wealth of enhancements, adjustments, and bug fixes to our beloved game. Let’s take a closer look at what this update has in store for you:
Players will be pleased to know the download sizes for each platform:
- Ubisoft Connect: 1.32 GB
- Steam: 0.97 GB
- Xbox One: 1.19 GB
- Xbox Series X: 1.53 GB
- PS4: 1.93 GB
- PS5: 1.45 GB
New Feature: Diffuser Pickup Option
A notable addition to the game is the new Diffuser Pickup Option. This feature grants players the ability to choose their preferred diffuser pickup behaviour from the following options:
- Automatic: The diffuser will be picked up automatically.
- Manual: Players must manually pick up the diffuser.
- Both (Default setting): The default setting allows players to use either automatic or manual pickup, according to their preference.
Tweaks and Updates:
To ensure a fairer playing field, the calculation of Squad matchmaking ratings has been adjusted.
Sanction messaging in the match feed has undergone changes. Instead of mentioning BattlEye™, a more generic messaging approach has been implemented while still providing the reason for the sanction.
- Mira: A small gap on the left side of Mira’s Black Mirror, which appeared when deployed in the centre of reinforced walls, has been rectified.
- Kali: The excessive lateral recoil issue with Kali’s CSRX 300 on consoles has been resolved.
- Lesion: Inadvertently, Lesion was able to reinforce walls and put up barricades in the team deathmatch game mode. This issue has been addressed.
- Fenrir: A scoring bug that resulted in Fenrir receiving additional points every time the F-NATT Dread Mine was redeployed has been fixed.
- Article 5: A matchmaking issue that allowed crossplay between Sony and Xbox players in Article 5, even when crossplay matchmaking was turned off, has been resolved.
- Reinforcements: Destroying the soft part beneath a reinforcement no longer creates a gap, ensuring a more stable environment.
- Observation Blockers: The unintended behaviour of stacking 10 Observation Blockers to block bullets has been rectified.
- Consulate Map: An exploitable line of sight on stacked supply crates at the EXT Garage has been eliminated.
- Chalet Map: Unfair line of sight issues when using Azami’s Kiba Barrier on door frames in 2F Solarium and 1F Bar stock have been addressed.
- Reinforced Walls: Players can no longer destroy devices on the other side of a reinforced wall by destroying the breakable floor underneath it.
- Footsteps: The issue of incorrect footsteps sound effects playing when another player is on a different floor has been resolved.
- Castle’s Armor Panel: The absence of sound effects when an Attacker uses a melee attack on Castle’s Armor Panel has been fixed.
- Various Audio Issues: Several audio-related problems have been tackled to provide a more immersive and seamless audio experience.
- Custom Games: The missing toggle for match replay in custom games has been added for easier review and analysis of gameplay.
- Tactical Timeout: The Tactical Timeout scoreboard, previously empty in custom games, is now properly populated.
- User Interface: Various user interface issues have been addressed, ensuring a smoother and more enjoyable experience.
With these changes Ubisoft hopes your gaming experience of Rainbow Six Siege will be enhanced and more enjoyable.